Cosmology from Home is committed to creating a work environment that is safe, professional and of mutual trust where diversity and inclusion are valued and where everyone is entitled to be treated with courtesy and respect. It is through the diverse set of skills, personalities and experiences that our community experiences great successes and continued growth. The Cosmology from Home organizers commit to making the conference and all associated activities productive and enjoyable for everyone.
As members of the community,
• We pledge to treat all people with respect and provide a harassment- and bullying-free environment, regardless of sex, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, nationality, ethnicity and religion. In particular, sexual language and imagery, sexist, racist or otherwise exclusionary jokes are not tolerated.
• We pledge to provide respectful criticisms and feedback in our forums. We pledge to model behaviors that encourage productive discussion for better scientific outcomes, even when there is disagreement, while fully respecting individual differences and preferences.
• We pledge to welcome questions and answer them respectfully, paying particular attention to those new to the community. We realize that including people with a variety of opinions and backgrounds will only serve to enrich our community.
• We pledge to help the entire community follow the code of conduct and to not remain silent when we see violations of the code of conduct. We will take action when members of our community violate this code, such as contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, contacting an organizer or advisor of the conference, submitting this anonymous form or talking privately with the person.
• We pledge to respect each other’s privacy and entity to their image and intellectual property. If we wish to share photos, pre-recorded talks or other media of a participant, we will always get the participant’s permission first.
If violations of this code of conduct are reported to the Cosmology from Home organizing team, they may take appropriate action, including warning the offender or expulsion of the offender from the event with no refund.
Thank you for helping make this a welcoming, friendly conference for everyone.
The code of conduct applies to the following people at Cosmology from Home:
• All other participants.
The code of conduct applies in all official conference spaces, including:
• The Cosmology from Home Slack workspace,
• The Cosmology from Home Zoom meeting rooms.
This code of conduct is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) License.
Parts of this code of conduct incorporates language from the following codes of conduct:
• The European Southern Observatory conference code of conduct, licensed under a Creative Commons zero license for reuse.
• The Python Software Foundation code of conduct, licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
• The Astro Hack Week 2017 code of conduct, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
• The Astropy code of conduct, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.